I need my Create Item workflow to re-run correctly if the orginal list is edited.

• 22 October 2015
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

I have a Create Item workflow running from a list to a document library. It works OK the first time, updating all the column data from the list to the library.

However, if I edit the list item and then re-run the workflow, it won't overwrite the existing item correctly. It will still add an item to the document library but will only add the Name of the document. Any other information which was added the first time around will be blank.

I was getting this error message " The workflow could not create the list item. Make sure the list exists and the user has permissions to add items to the list" but don't seem to be anymore.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 reply

Badge +4

Hi,

Thanks so much for your reply. Your response sounds right, I’m just not sure how to go about it. Do I just use the existing List Item ID from the document library? I’m not sure about how to set up the Query action.

The workflow is below. I think it’s just the create item action which is creating the problem.

I’m collecting a bunch of information in a form and then using it to create a Letter of Offer.

Lexie Fall | YNet Projects

YMCA Victoria | 582 Heidelberg Road, Fairfield VIC 3078

T 03 9403 5115 F 03 9403 5100 M 0409 139 710

E lexie.fall@ymca.org.au<mailto:sammy.sample@ymca.org.au> W www.victoria.ymca.org.au<http://www.victoria.ymca.org.au/>

Please note: My work hours are Mon & Fri 9am – 3pm and Tues & Thurs 9am – 5pm.