Check, if a user has set long term delegation

• 21 March 2016
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

Hi all,

does anbody know if it is possible to programmatically check if a user's tasks are currently delegated by long term delegation (and to whom)? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance for any hints.

Andi

4 replies

Badge +11

Hi Andi,

if you have access to your database, you can navigate to the Nintex database and find the "dbo.Delegation" table. This table stores the information about Task delegation.

If you need to do it programmatically, you can write some sql statement to get the information you need out of this table.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +4

Hi Philipp,

thanks for your answer. I was hoping for any supported way using the Nintex API, instead of directly accessing databases. But if there is no such way, I'll ressort to doing it...

Cheers,

Andi

Badge +11

Well, at least I haven't found anything in the .Net or WS reference from the Nintex SDK​. The WebService only provides methods for creating and deleting but not for getting long term delegations. NWAdmin doesn't offer anything useful either.

Btw: The Seach bar in the SDK doesn't seem to work for me. The hamster is running but not bringing me any results, if it works for you maybe you find something else there.

Regards

Philipp

Badge +4

Looks like we both tried the same things :-) I also recognized the search in the SDK isn't working.

I'll go for the database then, because I am (i.e. my customer is) in need of a solution...

Cheers,

Andi