Two Question on Site Workflows: Url and Landing Place

• 7 February 2017
  • 9 replies

Badge +9

Someone let me in on a trick to start workflows without the "Start Screen" by making setting Form Type "Custom" and deleting the Start Page line. It works fine when you click on the workflow by clicking on "Site Workflows" from "Site Contents" and then clicking on the workflow you want to start.

My problem is how to I get the Workflow URL for a javascript button or SharePoint Quick Launch. The way I got the URL for the "uncustomized" form was to click the workflow and copy the URL. Then I had to actually click the "Start" button to get the workflow to execute.

When you use the "Custom" form, there is no longer a URL to go to. I would like to add this action of not having to click "Start Workflow" to a button.

The other thing I'm trying to configure for my users is the Workflow Landing Place---the place the workflow dumps you out when it has had its way with you.  The place seems to be back on the "Start a New Workflow" page and this is confusing for my users because there is no recognizable navigation on the page. I know how to route around but they just get lost.

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

If you're using javascript, I'd suggest using the Nintex web service to start your workflow (_vti_bin/NintexWorkflow/Workflow.asmx).

For your second part, I presume you mean the redirect once you have clicked the button and the workflow has started? If so, if you use the web service approach above, you can do what you like with your user after they click the button.

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

This thread may help with this approach

Badge +9

Our installation has SharePoint configured funny with Linux Secure Servers in the front. Web Services don't work with our version of Nintex.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Try this approach with an "auto submitting" start form as described by

Badge +9

A workflow will also start by the way I described earlier. My interest is getting a URL that I can use for JavaScript Submission without the "Start Button". This still doesn't address that issue.

Badge +16

‌ did you resolve this one in the end?

Badge +9

Not really. I gave up for the time being.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Using Vadim Tabakman‌'s approach, create a custom nintex start form for your workflow. this way the url approach you are using will be fine. then using htis javascript

NWF$(document).ready(function()

{

var obj = NWF$(".cssSubmitButton");

obj.click();

});

with a css class on the start button on your custom form of cssSubmitButton will mean the form is submitted with you having to click start.

Badge +9

Not starting from a Nintex Form.

thanks,

Stephan