System.Exception: Error occurred adding the feature to the farm

• 12 June 2012
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

when i deploy my simple validation, (approve, refuse)  workflow into k2 blackpearl for vs 2005 i have an error. 

<

Error 2 Task Error: System.Exception: Error occurred adding the feature to the farm. ---> System.Net.WebException: The request failed with the error message:

--

<html><head><title>Object moved</title></head><body>

<h2>Object moved to <a href="http://srv-workflow:8082/sites/SiteTest/_layouts/1033/error.aspx?ErrorText=Request%20timed%20out%2E">here</a>.</h2>

</body></html>

at SourceCode.Workflow.SharePoint.Common.Shared.HandleWebException(String siteURL, CredentialCache CredCache, DialogResult& result, HttpStatusCode& statusCode, WebException webEx)

at SourceCode.Workflow.SharePoint.Common.Features.AddWorkflowFeature(String featureTitle, Boolean isDefaultForms, String FeatureDescription, K2SPStartForms startForms, List`1 taskForms, List`1 modForms, CredentialCache CredCache)

at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.ConfigureEvent.AddFeature(IntegrationObject integration)

at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.Execute(IntegrationObject integration, Boolean testMode, Boolean createDependancies)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationService.Execute(IntegrationObject integration, Boolean testMode, Boolean createDependancies)

at SourceCode.DeploymentTasks.SharePoint.WorkflowIntegration.WorkflowIntegrationTask.Execute()

C:Documents and SettingsAdministratorDesktopDocApprovalDocApprovalobjDebugDeploymentDocApproval.msbuild 92 6 DocApproval

>

Plz  i need some help, i just begin using k2 . 

thanks.

3 replies

Badge +10

Is this the first workflow you have tried to deploy to SharePoint?  Can you confirm that all features that K2 installs have been deployed?  You can check this via Central Admin.

Badge +1

thanks for you reply. 

yes it's my first time .  

and yes all the features that k2 installs have been deployed . 

Badge +6

The key message from the error log is "Request timed out" Please check the SharePoint ULS logs and K2 logs for any extra info. There are many issues that can cause this. It will be ideal if you can log a support ticket with K2.