IIS K2 Sites Alias fails every few days....

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

I use an Alias to mask of the server name for my forms, e.g.. http://sharpharp.org/runtime/form/formname...

But every few days when i try to load ANY of my forms, they fail to load, or revert back to the severname/runtime/form/formname which causes issues with my form not loading or problems with emails containing links within my Workflows.

I can manually fix the issue by going into IIS, then the K2 Website, and Manage Website and restart. This gets everything working.

But i worry that this may occur if i'm away, so is there anything i can do to troubleshoot this issue? Is it a K2 thing or an IIS issue?

Thanks guys....

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi sharpharp1,

is this on the default Smartform runtime site?

what is the version of K2 Smartforms are you using?

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Hi,

The forwarding part is done on the K2 Site - Site Bindings, and it is added in there on the same port as the Blackpearl Server

I'm on K2 Smartforms Runtime 1.0.7

K2 studio 4.6.7

It's just happened again this morning, i've had users complaining about having to login. -They should not have to if on-site.

When i checked, the alias doesn't work and says HTTP 400 bad Request.

Any ideas where to look? Its happening more regular now

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi sharpharp1,

try to follow the steps in the following link please

http://help.k2.com/kb001332

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

Are you perhaps on K2 blackpearl version 4.6.8?

Is this intermittently occurring/occurring for only some users?

16510i7492C5B2F94114A5.png

When this issue is reproducible, if you disable show HTTP friendly error message, does it seem to indicated:

Bad Request - Request too long
HTTP Error 400: The size of the request headers is too long.

If so, it may be an issue where a coldfix is available.

Userlevel 3
Badge +16

Tin, yes im on 4.6.8

The problem is that tmg is bringing in traffic on port 443 on my hostname, but then TMG is sending the hostname on port 81 to the K2 runtime URL,

K2 support looked at the issue, but they think its a TMG issue, but say its not there problem.