Request approval auto-approve after time

• 10 August 2016
  • 7 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +4

Hello,

I have a Request Approval action for a user account provisioning workflow. It's a very complex workflow with many branches of actions. I would like to set the approval to auto-approve after a couple days if no one has actually responded. I think I saw where you could do this with an Assign Task action. I either need to be able to:

A) Add an auto-approval after a couple days to the Request Approval action if possible.

OR

B) Easily move all of the branched workflow actions currently setup underneath the Request Approval action underneath the Assign Task action so I can setup some kind of auto-approve.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

Thanks,

William

7 replies

Badge +16

Hi

not in front of my designer at the moment to check but I think with request approval task doesn't easily allow for this. Can you swap it for an assign flexi task action which has this readily available to you on the escalate task?

Badge +4

Yes, as I understand an Assign Flexi Task or Assign Task has the ability to escalate. But how would I easily swap out my current actions so that I do not lost everything that I have built underneath the Request Approval branches?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

William Lemons​ -

If you drag the new action into your workflow, and configure it, you can then move the original subsequent actions into the proper branches. I would recommend disabling the original Task action rather than deleting it just in case it does not work out.

The main focus will be configuring the new Flexi Task Action. The rest is simply drag and drop (or copy/paste).

Hope this helps!

Badge +16

^^^ what he said happy.png I was just about to reply the exact same thing happy.png ^^^

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

HA! Don't worry, I am going on a coffee run so I'll leave you to it happy.png

Badge +4

Thanks for the recommendations Cassy Freeman and Jesse McHargue. I guess to be more specific, is there an easier way to swap a Request Approval for a Task action instead of having to copy and paste a numerous levels? If you look at my screen capture, you can see my workflow is very complex with many different branches (this picture is only about 2/3 of it). The red circle is where my actions would need to be swapped. Is there a simple way to accomplish this?

1.JPG

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

William Lemons​ -

How is this coming for you? Were you able to get everything converted as you wanted?

Another option to consider is to drop sections into an Action set. This allows you to grab the action set and move it around and it keeps everything that you put into the action set together. You can also "minimize" the action set to reduce how "large" the workflow is.

I do this with Flexi Tasks and loops to consolidate space and quickly copy/paste entire sections of logic.

Just a thought!

Hope this helps!