Calling Excel Service web service license problem

• 12 January 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Hi All,

I got the license to use Enterprise futures and its enabled at the site, the service is working as I tried it.

At the same site I have a WF where I would like to run excel service web service, but I got an error message: 

Failed to open the Excel Spreadsheet : <soap:Fault xmlns:soap="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"><faultcode>soap:Client</faultcode><faultstring xml:lang="en-US">Sorry, we couldn't find your license to use this feature

The service is using my AD and password.

Any ideas what is missing?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

is your SharePoint also licensed as Enterprise? Excel Services are a feature of SharePoint Server Enterprise

Badge +6

Yes, it is (or was before), but I check with IT.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Could you check what's the url of the excel file that you pass to the webservice?

If it has a parameter like ?Web=1 it could be the issue, because SharePoint tries to open the document with the browser (using OWA if you have them)..if you have that parameter, could you try without it? Do you have the same issue?

Giacomo

Badge +6

The excel service is working as I can open the excel file directly from the browser. 

The link the WF using is just a normal link ending with test.xlsx. I checked the folder settings and tried both methods to open the excel, it doesn't make a difference. 

Badge +6

Hi Giacomo,

IT has a feeling that as we removed the enterprise futures license and grant it per user if needed, the technical user that Nintex use to run is missing it as well. However IT not allowed to grant it to the technical user.

Robert 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Robert,

unfortunately I have no additional suggestion about your issue..what you have written (missing license for the account used) could be the clue..maybe someone else here on the forum (from Nintex or other Partners/Customers) could have some additional tips to troubleshoot your issue..

An additional thing you can do is opening a ticket with Nintex Support (you can do it here:  ), so you can have a more direct contact with them.

Giacomo