sum formulas in Word

• 14 August 2019
  • 3 replies

Each year, the title of one of our events changes (ie 64th, 65th, 66th, etc.).  I am trying to put a sum formula into word that takes the Calendar (also fiscal) year and subtracts 1954, (the first year of the event) to give me an output of 65th Annual Event Name.  Here is an example of the formula I am using in the word formula tool:  =SUM("<<Event_Fiscal_Year>>",-1954).  I am not getting any errors, but I am not getting any output either.  Am I coming at this wrong?  Assistance is welcome.

Thank you,

Karen Himes

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Karen,

You shouldn't need to use the sum formula, you can just use a calculation in the conditional text(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/Services/templates/ConditionalTextWord.htm).  It would look like the following:

• {=<<Event_Fiscal_Year>>-1954}

I tried removing the word "SUM" from my formula and I am still not getting any output.  Here are all of the ways I've tried it and none of them produce a result in the DDP document:

{="<<Attendee_Fiscal_Year>>"-1950}

{="<<Attendee_Fiscal_Year>>",-1950}

{=<<Attendee_Fiscal_Year>>-1950}

{=<<Attendee_Fiscal_Year>>,-1950}

{=SUM("<<Attendee_Fiscal_Year>>"-1950)}

{=SUM("<<Attendee_Fiscal_Year>>",-1950)}

{=SUM(<<Attendee_Fiscal_Year>>-1950)}

{=SUM(<<Attendee_Fiscal_Year>>,-1950)}

I am putting this in a word formula field.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Karen,

In my testing the one I provided was working. If you provide the template I can have a quick look. Alternatively you could log a support case and they might be able to help with why it is not populating.