Solved

check box field if checked pull to word doc

• 12 June 2018
  • 1 reply

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

I have a few fields on my opportunity that have a check box next to them.

If that check box is selected, I would like to add a sentence/paragraph to a word document. 

This is around services rendered. We select the areas we are doing work (Customer Service, Retail, Headquarter, etc). 

We then want to add the details to an exhibit page. If it isn't selected, no worries.

What do I need to do for logic to include the check box when checked, store the sentence to add to the Word doc?
I am guessing that maybe some Excel as middleware would be leveraged, just not quite sure how to make this happen.

icon

Best answer by Y_Mushell 12 June 2018, 23:47

View original

1 reply

Hey Michael McSwegin‌,

Seems like a word mergefield should be able to handle this using an IF statement. The syntax would be like this:

{ IF "<<Checkbox_Tag>>" = "true" "Text you want to show when checkbox is selected goes here" "" } 

• You can put these one after the other for each of the checkboxes, and is any evaluate to false, they will be ignored.
    • Make sure to put any desired line breaks within the result, otherwise you'll end up with empty lines for the non checked fields
  • These curly braces must be added using Ctrl+F9, as this creates the mergefield.