Solved

Way to sort results from row replication

• 22 January 2020
  • 4 replies

Hello,

I have a question about the replication process and how it replicates the data in salesforce to the templates. As shown in the first photo, I have several contract numbers, from CRP-89476 to CRP-89482. When I run the document generation, they are replicating correctly, but in a different order then how they were entered (see second photo). So basically it's starting at the highest number and working it way down. 

My question: is there a way to pick how the data is being replicated? Like is there a filter or field that'll allow the order to be lowest to highest, highest to lowest, etc.? My end goal is to have the document template order be the same as it's been entered, if possible.

Thanks!

Ben

6251i7E9D85FA74EF58F8.png6252i6F4843DA5376A128.png

icon

Best answer by Safiya 23 January 2020, 05:50

View original

4 replies

Hi  Ben,

You can find an Order By Criteria Drop-down box on the relationship page for the Contacts.
That specifies the field which determines the order in which your related object records will be inserted into the document. Based on the field selection, the records are sorted alphabetically within your related object. If None is selected, records are sorted by Name.

Hope this helps

Regards,

S.Aj

Hi @Safiya 

Thanks for the reply. It helps in knowing that the results can be sorted, but I'm not clear on how to find the Order by Criteria drop-down box you mentioned. I can navigate to the contact object in the object manager, but am unable to find your next step. Am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks for your help!

Ben

Hi Ben,

It's not on the Object manager. But on the relationship page for the contact on the DocGen record page

Hope this helps :)

Regards,

S.aj

Great! Thank you @Safiya. I accepted your original answer as the solution since I wasn't understanding correctly. Thank you again for futhur clarifying in your second response.