Session Id is invalid or has expired

• 5 February 2018
  • 9 replies

Hi,

When I execute the apex code to generate a Drawloop document using Loop.loopMessage works when I am in Salesforce classic but not if I trigger the logic in Lightning.

I keep getting the error: "The included Salesforce Session Id is invalid or has expired.  If you continue to receive this error, please have your salesforce.com administrator verify that ""Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated"" is not checked in your Salesforce security settings: Setup -> Administrative Setup -> Security Controls -> Session Settings"

I have checked and we don't have this option checked.

Do you know what else could it be?

9 replies

Did this ever get answered?

Hi there, 

I am having the same issue as the above post described.  Regardless of the checkbox "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated" is ticked or not, invoking DocGen generation process from a custom Lightning component or from a Detail Page Button (source ode and complete error message attached below) will always return the same error message "The included Salesforce Session Id is invalid or has expired". 

Can anyone please advise any additional troubleshooting steps that we can do, or a contact whom we can reach out to have this resolved?

window.open('/apex/loop__looplus?sessionId={!$Api.Session_ID}

The included Salesforce Session Id is invalid or has expired. If you continue to receive this error, please have your salesforce.com administrator verify that "Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated" is not checked in your Salesforce security settings: Setup -> Administrative Setup -> Security Controls -> Session Settings (InvalidSalesforceSessionId)

Thanks,

Ethan

Any updates on this issue?  We are planning a lightning migration towards the end of the year and would like this to be resolved for testing purposes.

It is still happening. Whenever triggering the loopmessage from lightning component will end up receiving the error "The included Salesforce Session Id is invalid or has expired. " Is there anything that you can help for now?  Thanks! @kxiong   @KevinN 

@ethanlu This issue seems to be resolved after the recent salesforce outage.

My users have been having this issue since the DocGen upgrade. per Support:

(Of note: this has not resolved my issues)

Have you whitelisted the IP addresses listed here (https://community.nintex.com/t5/Nintex-for-Salesforce/DocGen-Engine-Upgrade-What-you-need-to-know/m-p/91891#M972) ?

The above is a common resolution to most issues to do with the DocGen update.

Also, if user is using Chrome on a desktop, please make sure to have the "Block third-party cookies and site data" box unchecked.

If user is using a Mac or iPad please navigate to Safari settings and make sure "Block Cookies" is set to "Never". Safari by default has Cookies blocked, so this will cause an error if they're using Safari.

Hope this helps someone!

I was able to resolve this error by switching my lightning app navigation style from Console to Standard navigation

@lino_diazalonso @KevinN @ethanlu @kxiong @sgenesse 

Appreciate the input,glad that reolved thsi issue for you!

We are not on LEX just yet, and we continue to have this issue, though only for 1/3 of our technicians who use this process....they are able to get past the error once they run the Doc package a 2nd time.

Still working with Support on this issue. 

We've just moved to LEX and are sporadically receiving this message. Have I see most comments are from 2019 latest ... are there any updated solutions for this?