I need to restrict ability to generate documents based on field on Opportunity

• 13 November 2018
  • 9 replies

I have a request from a client to do the following:

If the "Freeze Opportunity" (custom field) field on the Opportunity is checked, noone of a particular profile should be allowed to execute the Create Docs button from the Opportunity page. It should instead generate a error message "Cannot generate docs yaddayadda".

They are a lightning only customer, so I cannot create a JS action tied to the button.

Is there any functionality in nintex to control executing the document creation button outside of just making the button layout dependent?

9 replies

Badge +7

Are you using a button or component?

Thanks Vincent!

Ideally we would like to just use the button, so that it can appear in the action banner of the opportunity page (where it is now).

We could create a component that does the check, but then we would have to place that component on the layout somewhere, since i don't think I can put a custom component into the action banner. Which then looks kind of terrible, since this button is just kind of sitting there in the middle of everything.

I was also considering just adding a filter to each package, so that if the "Freeze Opportunity" checkbox is TRUE, every doc package is filtered out. That is a pretty hacky solution though...

Badge +7

Here is one option.  This might work better.

Component Visibility Option 

Vincent, thank you so much for taking the time to actually implement that solution and create a video to show it! That is incredibly helpful!

That solves the problem very nicely...except for one problem.

The customer actually wants this solution in their community portal. And the SF community portals have two problems here:

1. The Community builder doesn't allow me to drop the component into that nice little sidebar area that is available on the regular lightning layout. There is just the basic tabs, and they don't appear to have any ability to place a custom component in that same "related list" area.

2. When I tried placing the custom component on the community page even outside the detail area (which should work), I got an error: 

2A. Even once the compenent is there with that error, it doesn't have a filter option the way it does on a regular lightning page:

I did not mention in my original request that this was for a Community page, so I apologize for that.

The error is probably something that you guys can fix, but the no filter and the inability to have it in the Community page Tab section is probably a SF limitation.

But using communities to provide access to SF for related parties is certainly becoming a relatively big thing in SF. 

Badge +7

Jeff, what version of our package do you have installed?  I will start researching on our side. 

Nintex DocGen 14.3

Hey Vincent, any news on this? Any chance this is something that might get implemented in some fashion soonish?

Badge +7

Jeff, looks like we support this now in the package you have.  Could you try enabling connected apps.

Manage Connected App and OAuth settings 

I also recommend making the connected pre-authorized.  If that does not work I would like to get someone from support on a call with you.         

Vincent

Thanks Vincent.

I checked and we have already set Nintex as an authorized connected app.

Jeff Heidman

Tamarack

(585) 747-1224