Solved

How to produce a letter that contains all the gifts for an account for a given year

• 22 March 2019
  • 2 replies

Hi,

We have a number of donors that make a recurring gift every month, so 12 per year. I am struggling to produce a thank you letter that lists all the gifts in one letter for each account. I am able to get all the gifts to show up in a table on the letter but the problem is I am getting 12 letters for each account. SO each letter has the correct information but there are 12 of them per account.

Can anyone provide any help for me? I know I am doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I've attached a sample of one of the letters (the template is a mess. Just testing now). 

Thanks for any help.

Cynthia

icon

Best answer by ctarascio 2 April 2019, 18:11

View original

2 replies

Hey @ctarascio ,

What you will need to do is create a DocGen package that is 'Account' record type. Then add a relationship that marries the 'Account' object to the object that has your gift data with a copy type of 'row'. It may look something like the attached template, but the 'gift' tags will change based on the name of your object. You can reference the link below for relationship building:

https://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/Services/templates/ReplicationWord.htm?Highlight=row%20replication

Thank You DocFather,

Your suggestion was spon on and seems to be the only way i could get the desired results.

Thanks very much for responding,

Cynthia