Solved

How to Create Checkboxes for Child Object Rows using Nintex+DocuSign

• 23 February 2019
  • 2 replies

I'm using Nintex for Salesforce along with DocuSign for Salesforce. My objective is to create a Nintex document that displays individual opportunity line items in a table with checkboxes that allow customers to indicate which products they'd like to purchase. When a customer "checks" or "unchecks" these boxes, I'd like their selection to "write back" to a custom checkbox field on the corresponding Opportunity Product in Salesforce.

Is this possible with Nintex+DocuSign? Thank you in advance for any guidance you can provide!

icon

Best answer by DocFather_Ray 26 February 2019, 23:36

View original

2 replies

Hi,

This is possible, but a majority of the setup would be in DocuSign connect since the recipient would be completing the needed information. You'd have to setup "opportunity product" as an object in DocuSign connect and drive selections off the checkbox secure fields (or custom fields as DocuSign refers to them). Make sure you put your secure fields in the Nintex template. The downside to this approach is that it will not scale to infinite so you'd have to set a limit on the number of products that can update. You may want to refer to their connect material here:

DocuSign Connect for Salesforce

The Nintex piece would be just defaulting the secure fields with the Salesforce data by incrementing the tags. <<OpportunityLineItem_Checkbox>>, <<OpportunityLineItem_Checkbox__1>>, <<OpportunityLineItem_Checkbox__2>> etc. Here is some documentation:

Nintex Secure Fields for DocuSign

Best,

Thanks for the quick response.