Solved

Filter Component Group Based on Checkbox Field

• 11 April 2019
  • 9 replies

I'm trying to create a component group that populates text based on a custom text field in salesforce.

If an account has sub-companies listed in the custom text field, then I want them to appear on a separate line in my document with Related employers: Sub-company 1, Sub-company 2, etc.

I can get the above to appear, but if there are no sub-companies I want the component group to be deleted so I checked the box to delete container if empty, however my component group will not be empty because it has the words Related employer: before my field tag for the custom text field.  To get around this I wanted to add a filter to only pull the component group if the custom text field is not blank.  Since I don't see a filter option for is not blank, I thought I would create a custom checkbox formula field on the account and use that checkbox for the filter.  If the checkbox is checked (field is true) then I want the component group to populate.  If the checkbox is not checked (field is false), I don't want the component group to populate on my document.  Is this possible?

icon

Best answer by DocGenVinnie 15 April 2019, 23:58

View original

9 replies

Badge +7

@Jen Is it possible to just added "Related employer:" to your component group then the delete container should work fine.

@DocGenVinnie Like this? Related employer: <<Company_Sub_Company_Names>>

When I tried that it didn't work right.  If the <<Company_Sub_Company_Names>> field was blank, the component group still populated the Related employer: wording.

Badge +7

@Jen you would also add a filter to the component that would look at 

<<Company_Sub_Company_Names>> and see if it "is blank".  In the sample below I am looking at account description. 

@DocGenVinnie Sorry I'm not following your example.

If <<Company_Sub_Company_Names>> is blank, I don't want anything to show up on my output document.

If <<Company_Sub_Company_Names>> is not blank, I want Related employer: <<Company_Sub_Company_Names>> to show up on my document.

This is what I have: and it didn't work.  My <<Company_Sub_Company_Names>> field is blank but Related employer: still populated on the output document.

Badge +7
You need to put the filter on the component vs adding it to the component group.

@DocGenVinnie When I do that, I get the same results.  I no longer have a filter on the component group.  I added it to the component, but when my <<Company_Sub_Company_Name>> field is blank, the Related employer: wording still populates in my output document.

If the <<Company_Sub_Company_Name>> is blank I want that and the Related employer: wording deleted.

Badge +7

Anyway you can grant login access and provide your Org ID so we can take a look?

Badge +7

My logic was backward.  Looks like you are good to go now.  The operator needed to be "not equal to" and you need to reference the "<<Company_Sub_Company_Names>>" in the filter instead of the <<Account_Sub_Company_Names>>.

Thanks so much for your help on this!