cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Description of copy types

Jump to solution

Where can I find a detailed description of copy types like group? I'm trying to show a lot of accounts (rows) separated into several tables based on their type (grouping). Based on the description the group functionality might help me create several tables with rows at the same time based on the grouping but I find the description of settings nowhere.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: Description of copy types

Jump to solution

I'm looking for a description of how the "section" copy type works when creating an object relationship.  can you give me an example of how the Section copy type works?

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hey Mario Kurila‌,

We don't have a table that explains each of the copy types yet but that sounds like a great idea and I'll be sure to roll this up to our team that works on documentation. It does sound like you want the Group copy type though and we do have documentation on how that works which you can find here.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,

Ryan

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hey Kevin Crews‌,

Section replication allows for reaching 3 levels down from your Starting Object. To accomplish this, the first level down would be using Section replication, the next would be using Table, and lastly Row. Below are the steps needed for your Word Template:

1. Navigate to File | Options | Customize Ribbon | Include Developer and click OK.
2. Go to your Developer Ribbon | select Rich Text Content Control
3. Input the data you would like in here. Inside this box you can also create tables and perform Table & Row replication.
4. Developer Ribbon | Properties and in the Tag field, you will need to place the tag for Section Replication with the Document Type of Excel/PDF. (You will use the tag without << >>)

I have also attached a basic Word document for you to reference.

Cheers,

Ryan

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

‌ how about a "hierarchy" copy type? I can't figure that out.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Kevin,

See the bottom of the PPT replication documentation, the instructions are the same for Word as well.

http://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/Services/templates/ReplicationPowerPoin... 

Cheers,

Ryan

Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Mario,

Here is a list of relationship descriptions and examples I put together awhile ago. 

Section

Allows you to go three levels down from the starting object. For example, I am running from an Account record, the header of each table is an Opportunity Name, the table contains Quote data, and there is a row replication with data from each Quote Line Item.

Table

Replicates an entire table with data from the child records. For example, I am generating a document and want a table for each Opportunity record. 

Row

Replicates one row in a table with data from each child record. For example, I am generating an invoice and want each Product to be on its own row within one table. 

Group

Replicates a table for each field value you choose to group by and within that table there is a row for each child record. For example, I want to create an invoice that is grouped by Product Family so each software product is a row within one table and each hardware product is a row within a second table.

Hierarchy 

Creates an org chart. For example, I am creating an internal report and want to populate my companies org chart.