cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

DDP with record type of a custom object - trouble pulling data through lookup relationship?

Jump to solution

I set up a DDP on a custom object that has lookup relationships with Opportunity, Contact and Account, but when I generate the document, it doesn't pull in any of the data related to those 3 standard objects. I have set up DDPs on standard objects pulling data through lookup relationships. Is there something different about DDP with record type of a custom object?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: DDP with record type of a custom object - trouble pulling data through lookup relationship?

Jump to solution

Hey Charles,

You may have done this already, but just a thought; Have you created a relationship to define the connection between the custom object and the standard? Although the field tagger has Account, Opportunity and Contact in the Main Object picklist, you still need to create the relationship record (and set it as "Lookup" in the Related By field on relationship).

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Workflow Hero

Re: DDP with record type of a custom object - trouble pulling data through lookup relationship?

Jump to solution

Hey Charles,

In addition to what Yisroel mentioned once you have that relationship created, you'll navigate to the field tagger and set it up to look like the example I've added below.

Main Object: Custom Object

Field: Account Id >

Lookup Field Dropdown should appear find your tags in this new drop down.

I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Ryan

0 Kudos