Formating text box value to currency with expression editor

• 4 November 2016
  • 1 reply

Badge +4

I would kindly ask if somebody could help me with preparing expression for formating value stored in TextBox to currency format.

Example:

Sored value in TextBox is 1000.1 (it's styled and is shown as 1000,00 EUR). I need to format this value for sending it to Windows servis in format 1.000,10

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi Ales

I do not believe that you will be able to get the desired affect by using expressions as the provided expression methods do not have the ability to convert to currency, however if you are able to get it do display your expression would then be quite huge. 

I have however played with the styling of the text box control and managed to get the value of 1000.1 displayed as 1.000,10 € by using just styling in the following manner:

1. Select the text box on which you would like the result to be displayed.

2. In the text box properties select the ellipse for styles.

3. Select the Format tab and then the Currency option.

4. From the Currency option under Language /Region I selected "Use" and "Spanish (Spain)"

5. Then in the Decimal Places I entered the value of "2"

6. I then made sure that the Symbol is the "" symbol

7. In the Negative Numbers I selected the "-1234.10" option

8. After doing the above I statically provided the text box with the value 1000.1 which is the same as passing the value into the control by other means and then I ran the view. The value was displayed as 1.000,10 € instead of 1000.1

Kind Regards

Raymond