Solved

Authorization Is Required to Run

• 4 October 2017
  • 2 replies

Hi all,

I'm running into an "Insufficient Privileges" error when running a DDP logged in as one of our users (non system admin) and think I have it narrowed down to the authorization required. As the user, I'm now seeing a "Authorization is Required to Run" message and must click "Authorize & Run". We don't need to require authorization to run this DDP and the user has been given a Drawloop license. The profile for this user has also been given access for this specific DDP. I'm not seeing the same authorization requirement or the insufficient privileges error when logged in as System Admin. Can someone point me in the right direction?

208789_pastedImage_1.png

Thanks!

John

icon

Best answer by DocGenVinnie 4 October 2017, 17:26

View original

2 replies

Badge +7

John, you need to change the connected app settings to "Admin approved users are pre-authorized" and add profiles or permission set that you want to access the document generation app.

• Go to connected apps in setup.

• Go to the Nintex connected app.

• Change "Permitted Users" to "Admin approved users are pre-authorized"

• Add profiles or permission sets of the user you want to access the document generation service.

Thanks, Vincent for the response. Here's also some additional information I received from Support:

The error is related to your setup of Drawloop Connected Apps in the Salesforce Setup page. If you have  'All users may self-authorize' you as an admin can run the DDP and all users are prompted the first time they are running the DDP with question whether they want to Authorize and Run this DDP. With this settings on, if you are logging in as a user through your admin account, you won't be able to authorize the DDP on their behalf. If you, however, have in your Drawloop Connected Apps set up as 'Admin approved users are pre-authorized' and this user's profile is added to the Connected apps, you as an Admin would be able to login to the Salesforce as the user and run the DDP. 
To solve this error, you can do one of the two things below:
  • Either you ask the user to login to their Salesforce with their credentials and click on "Authorize and Run" on the DDP  - after they authorize the DDP for the first time you as an administrator will be able to generate the DDP being logged in as a user
  • Or you can temporarily change Connected apps settings into 'Admin approved users are pre-authorized', add the User's profile into the Connected apps and run the DDP as the user - after you run the DDP for the first time, you can change the settings back to 'All users may self-authorize' and the DDP will work for both you and the user 

I should be all set - thanks again!

John