Attaching documents in Salesforce to the inserted record created through 'Insert-Update' function.

• 17 October 2019
  • 6 replies

I'm intiating the Docgen package from Opportunity, and added "Insert-Update" function to the pacakge.

I'm inserting a record in custom object (Documents) whnever I generate a package, I want to attach the generated document to the custome object record(documents). I check the "attach to this object" in the "insert-update' function I created, but it is attaching the generated document to the opportunity attachment. 

My settings were set 'Salesforce 

Is there something I'm missing here?

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @swathiinturi,

Can you confirm if you trying to create a new record and attach or if you are just trying to the attach to an existing record.

Hi

I'm trying to create a new record and attach. I was able to create a new record, but couldn't able to attach. Document is attaching to the origin(object) record, eventhough I slected 'Attch to this object' in the Insert-Update function.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @swathiinturi,

When attaching to a new record, you need to use two insert-updates. One that creates the record and runs at the beginning and one that attaches the document after it is created. The following guide should help(https://community.nintex.com/t5/How-To-s/How-to-Attach-to-Child-Object/ta-p/92792).

I'm not able to access the link you shared, it is asking to login. 

I took the nintex trail version in my sandbox, not sure what are the login credentails for this to access. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@swathiinturi Sorry about that I sent the wrong link, I have updated the link above and here it is again(https://community.nintex.com/t5/How-To-s/How-to-Attach-to-Child-Object/ta-p/92792)

Hi  - With instructions you shared I was able to attach the document to the child object (inserted record) for the delivery method - download, but not for the delivery method - docusign.

I'm intiating a docugen package from the parent object and sending the document to docusign for the signature. I want to attach the document(intiated from parent object to docusign) in the child object (inserted child object record) and want the attach the completed document (signed by the receipent) to the same record in child object. How can I acheive this?