Attach output of two different DDPs in email.

• 25 October 2018
  • 1 reply

I have two templates, a Word and an Excel. The output of the Word template needs to be in PDF format and Excel template should keep the original format.

After the document generation, I need to send out an email with the two outputs as attachment.

Here's what I've tried:

1. I added both the template to the same DDP but the delivery option doesn't allows me to set the output type on per template basis.
  2. I created two different DDPs but I can't seem to find a delivery option to get their outputs in the same email.

Is there a way in which I can get the output from both the DDPs as attachment to a single email.

Thanks

1 reply

Hello - The best solution to send the email with two document types is as follows: 

1.Run two DDP's; one containing the Word template and one containing the Excel template both with email delivery options
1b. Run the first DDP with a Word template and store that as an attachment on the record then using a trigger populate a field with that attachment id. Run a 2nd DDP that grabs the first attachment and returns originals with an email delivery option
2. Make sure the Word document can be converted to a PDF template