Not applicable

Using a DDP to send Mass Emails on a Custom Object

Jump to solution

I currently have a DDP setup that does Mass Emailing on a Custom Object in Salesforce.  However, as a work around I have a company logo attached to the DDP in order for the DDP to work properly.

I was wondering if one day we might be able to run a DDP without having a document attached to it?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ryan_oleary
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Re: Using a DDP to send Mass Emails on a Custom Object

Jump to solution

Hey Marcel Hobizal​,

I'm not sure I fully understand what your issue is and why you need to have a logo come in as a separate attachment. Would you mind emailing your question into ddpsupport@nintex.com we'd love to look into this further.

Cheers,

Ryan

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Hey Ryan,

I'm not sure explained myself.  You cannot run a DDP in Salesforce unless you attach a document to it or some sort of file.  It make sense as that is what Drawloop is supposed to do.

However, I use it as a work around to Mass Email on a Custom Object I have setup in Salesforce.  So I create a DDP, attach a company logo to it and then create my template in Salesforce.  It works great! 

0 Kudos
ryan_oleary
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Jump to solution

Hey Marcel Hobizal​,

I understand now, you're correct. As of today when sending an email out via a DDP you'll need to include some sort of document. This is a highly requested feature but I would recommend you post it on our new User Voice page.

8 - Drawloop Document Generation: Hot (3 ideas) – Customer Feedback for Nintex

Also, feel free to keep an eye on our release notes for when the feature is available.

http://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#ReleaseNotes/t_ReleaseNotes.htm

Cheers,

Ryan

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
jodiem
Nintex Newbie

Jump to solution

As of November last year, this email only feature now works. With lots of caveats - eg you can't (yet) have images in your email. See docco here http://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/zz-TaggedUpdates/Services/OOB/manageDDP.... I myself have been waiting years for this feature, but until it supports images its still fairly limited. 

0 Kudos