Solved

Replicate Product Name by Quantity in Excel

• 19 August 2020
  • 3 replies

I need the ability to show product line items (Opportunity Products) line by line in excel.

For example, the product is called ABC123 and has quantity 5 selected on SF. I want that to show like this in excel:

Product

Another attribute

Another attribute

ABC123

ABC123

ABC123

ABC123

ABC123

Is this possible? The reason I need this is because each product has a set of attributes and need to be passed on to a third party to add names of personal to it etc.

icon

Best answer by leighburke 14 September 2020, 00:28

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@deadyb There is no feature inside of the product to do this for you. In this kind of scenario you would most likely need to look at using logic in excel. You could potentially use a power query like this example(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXTFqL_K6QE). Just keep in mind this would require a refresh of the query after the document is generated.

Thanks for this. If I were to use Excel as Middleware could this be achieved each time an excel document is created instead of manual intervention?
Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@deadyb Previously I have had to do a refresh of data for the power query to update after creation. So I do not believe this would work with excel as middleware.