Not applicable

Pulling records from objects with many-to-many junction object relationship

I am trying to insert record field data into a proposal. The fields I want to use are on an object related to the main DDP object through 2 other objects (effectively, it's 4 layers deep). See attached image: The main DDP object is 'proposal', and I would like to display data from the 'retrofit' object. Is this possible? I haven't found a way to do it. I'm using the Business trial version.

Thanks!

schema.PNG

0 Kudos
7 Replies
Not applicable

Re: Pulling records from objects with many-to-many junction object relationship

Drawloop support was able to help me figure out that I can access the data 4 levels deep via a SOQL query in Drawloop. It works!

0 Kudos
ryan_oleary
Nintex Employee
Nintex Employee

Hey Delphine!

Awesome I'm glad to hear you were able to get assistance and thank you for coming back to share the answer.

Cheers,

Ryan

greg1
Nintex Newbie

Hi Delphine

Being a new subscriber to both Salesforce (Enterprise) and Nintec DDP I am having a similar problem determining our relationship structure for a many-to-many (Junction Object) relationship between our Opportunity and Land (Custom Object). I am pulling fields from the Opportunity, Account (Contact) and Land Objects. An Opportunity record can have many Land records. Likewise, a Land record may have many Opportunity records.

I see that you have solved your Case, however, I was unable to the see the final solution. Could you please share that with me and how you built your relationhoips structure.

Many thanks, Greg

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Are you trying to set up the relationship in Salesforce? The way we set up our many-to-many relationship was through a junction object​. In my diagram above, the two objects that have many-to-many relationships with each other are the 'Work Order Installation Summary' and the 'Proposal', and the junction object joining them is the 'Proposal-WOIS link'.

In my case, I was looking to find the values of a certain field on the Retrofit object, for all Retrofits that were related to a specific Proposal (see diagram in my first post), hence the 4-level-deep SOQL query. Are you trying to do something similar?

Delphine

0 Kudos
greg1
Nintex Newbie

Hi Delphine

Thanks for your prompt response.

Very similar to your solution, we have established a Junction Object (Opportunity/Land Association) to allow a many-to-may relationship between our Opportunities and Land Objects. Being a survey company a single Opportrunity may comprise many land titles. Likewise a single land title may comprise many Opportunities (over a period of time).

I am creating a report, that will for a particular Opportunity, bring in data from the Land Object (via the Junction Object) for a particular Land record. It would be great to pause the execution of the DDP and prompt for the Land Name, but of course that is not possible. I could use filtering to achieve the same result once I have access to data from the Land Object. The Land Object maintains significant details about the land related to each Opportunity.

It does sound very similar to the question that you raised last month??

Cheers, Greg

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Hi Delphine,

I have exactly the same issue. Can you give your SOQL query as an example so I can understand what you've done.

Thanks in advance

Olivier

pgbcld
Nintex Newbie

Here's another user that would love to see the SOQL in this case.  I've got a similar issue and can't get Drawloop to dig down to the data I want.  An example would be really helpful.  Thanks

0 Kudos