Mass DocGen Package via List View Button for Lightning

• 21 January 2019
  • 7 replies

In Classic, we had a Classic Button for "Mass DocGen Package via List View" and it worked great.  We created it via the button wizard in DocGen Admin.  In Lightning, we can no longer use that because it is JavaScript.

How is anyone else accomplishing mass generation of documents now that you are on Lightning?

I temporarily have my user switching back to Classic to use the button...this is not a process that I want to continue.

Any help/input would be much appreciated!

7 replies

Badge +7

Karla Goodman

Are you doing this off a custom object or standard object?  We have updated the standard objects buttons in the latest versions of the package to have Mass Generation work in Lightning.

Standard object - Account.

The button on the individual record page works, but have not been able to figure out how to do mass generation via the list view any longer.  The button we had for that doesn't work in Lightning because it is JavaScript.  If you've found a way for this to work, please let me know. I'm using version 15.1.1 of the Nintex DocGen installed package within Salesforce.

Badge +7

Yes there is a "Generate Documents" list button that has been there since 14.5 that supports Lightning.

@DocGenVinnie Does this work on custom objects in Lightning?

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

For Custom objects & (Standard if desired), you can use this Mass Button guide to created Mass buttons for your users. > https://community.nintex.com/t5/How-To-s/Creating-Mass-Button-in-Lightning/ta-p/92630

@Brent_Doc this is AWESOME. Thank you, by finding this I was able to create a list view mass docgen button for a custom object. I couldn't find helpful info on this in the Nintex documentation - it seems outdated. Any chance you can get this solution the attention it deserves as a smart workaround for this limitation? Maybe as a link in this help article (even this page isn't available on the new help site...)? https://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/Services/setup/RunDDPsLightning.htm?TocPath=Administer%257CConfigure%2520buttons%2520to%2520generate%2520documents%257C_____7 

One more note on Brent's visualforce solution for anyone who comes across this: check the security of the visualforce page. I'm new to VF, and didn't think of it, but my list view button didn't work because I hadn't assigned the right profiles to it.