Make an entire table or table row conditional

• 18 September 2020
  • 4 replies

I have a quote in Salesforce with 10 line items. These fall into 2 sepertate categories (payed once or payed monthly, defined by a checkbox for "payed once" in salesforce). In my Word template I have 2 tables. The first one should display all products that are payed once. The second one should only display the products that are payed monthly.

This basically works, but both tables have 10 rows. In table 1 there is no data in rows 7, 9 and 10. In the second table rows 1-6 and 8 are empty.

Instead of having empty table rows, I don't want to have table rows at all for products that should not be displayed. Table 1 should have 7 rows of which none are empty. Table 2 should have only 3 row (non empy).

How do I make the entire table row conditional (inside an IF formula field in Word) instead of just the content of a cell?

Problem 2: Make a whole table conditional

The entire quote word template actually has 4 tables. 1 and 2 diplay prices when de client wants to buy the products.

Table 3 and for show prices for when the client wants to lease the products.

We wish to have an option to show either juast table 1 and 2, or only 3 and 4, or all four tables.

How can I put an entire table inside an IF formula field in Word?

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@StefanS There is no way to just hide a few rows in a table, could you use a row replicate rather than a table replication to only get the rows you need, or have 2 table relationships and filter relationships differently.

Your second question, you can just cut and paste a table inside of the the conditional if like below.

Thank you.

I managed to solve my issues in this way:

• I made different filtered Relationships to QuoteLineItems to retreive one specific type of Line Items for either table

• Table 1 now shows only Line items 1-6 and 8 and no empty rows

• Table 2 shows only 3 rows, containing line items 7, 9 and 10

• I was able to put the entire tebles themselves within If statements checking the value of a form step to determine the visibility of each table

• If the form step value is "lease only", tables 1 and 2 do not display

• If the form step value is "buy only", tables 3 and 4 do not display

• So If the form step value is "buy and lease", all 4 tables are visible

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@StefanS Glad to hear you got it working.

Hey Stefan,
Nice to know that you got the solution to your problem. I am having the same issue. I want one row to show in the table based on one field value. Can you pls explain briefly what did you do?