Solved

Is it possible to reproduce multichoice column as checkboxes in word with DocGen ?

• 18 October 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hello All,

My question is on the title grin.png

For example my column multi choice with following values (P1,P2,P3,P4) in SharePoint :

If I select P1,P2,P4 this selection build a string and put it on the column this value : P1,P2,P4.

I want to display checkboxes on my Word document generated (DocGen) like :

X P1

X P2

O P3

X P4

Anyone has already make it or have some ideas ?

Thank you !!!

icon

Best answer by mtrividic 8 August 2018, 16:10

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi Maxime.  Did you ever get this figured out?

Badge +4

Hi, unfortunatly no.

Badge +3

Hi Maxime,

You might be able to use excel as middleware for this - I know you can definitely use it for this use case in Doc Gen for Salesforce.

Below is a link to a sample template.

Multi-picklists and Checkboxes.xlsx - Google Drive 

You'd need the raw data to populate in cell A2. Column B would be the entire list of possible values (P1-P4). Column C is checking to see if the value in column B is listed in column A - if it is listed itll output a number otherwise itll output blank. Then in column E and F we evaluate if column C has a number and needs to display a checked box or if its blank and needs to display an unchecked box. Column E and F would be what you'd want to then push into your Word template.

Hope this helps! 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I did this by setting conditions within my workflow to set variables for what the user selected from the choice field. The value selected would set that variable to an "X"

Then I changed my word document check boxes to text boxes and  tagged the corresponding box with the associated variables. IT looks funky when tagging but turns out ok in the document. I still need to fiddle with mine to fix the spacing, but you get the gist.

There may be an easier way especially because your example seems more complex.

Thanks

Kassie

Badge +4

Hi Kassie,

Thank you for this help.

It's not really looks like a checkbox but it is a good idea !

I will purpose that to my customer.

Maxime

Badge +4

How to display checkboxes in a document generated by Nintex Workflow ?

Context :

Natively Document Generation and Nintex Workflow are unable to fill Microsoft Word checkboxes.

This article will show you how to do it :

Solution :

The tricks to place a Microsoft Word Quick Part into your document template at the tagging step.

This Quick Part will be able to show you checkboxes instead of boolean text value.

1. Create a single line of text variable :
  2. Add a conditional branch connected to your boolean column (Yes / No) :
  3. Set the workflow variable previously created to 0 or 1 (in function of your boolean column value - 0 for False and 1 for True) :
  4. Add your Document Generation action and configure it to get your document template and set your destination :
  5. Tag your template by adding a Quick Part instead of using Nintex Document Tagger (Only for checkboxes fields) :
  6. Select the If condition and add following test : IF <<Variable_myBool>> = 1 "þ" "o" with "þ" and "o" corresponding to the checkboxes special character of the Windings font.
  7. Update the font to Windings of the result after click ok on the previous screen, save and publish your workflow.

Sample result :

Thank for reading this article, and hope this can help you.

PS : You can adapt some steps of this article to be able to do the samething with radio buttons or multiple select.

Regards,