Is Drawloop available for Nintex installed on SharePoint 2013 (On Premise)? If not, is there a similar product?

• 29 February 2016
  • 4 replies

Is Drawloop available for Nintex installed on SharePoint 2013 (On Premise)? If not, is there a similar product?

4 replies

Badge +3

Like Haley said, it is only available for Salesforce, while there is a doc gen action available for Office 365.

That being said, I attended the Nintex InspireX conference and they did announce plans to bring document generation to on-prem 2016, which will mean it should also be available in 2013.  When that will be, I don't know.

It is possible however to do some basic document generation using Nintex Workflow 2013 for On-Prem.  There are two actions you can look at called "Read Document" and "Update Document".

Here is a link to a PDF on how to use the action for basic document generation.  It is for 2010, but it should still apply for 2013 I believe.

The main issue I've ran into while using the Read and Update Document actions is formatting within the document.  Inserting content would often cause a loss in formatting for the specific content. This was an issue related to the version of Word the company was using, so if you're using a more recent version it should be okay.

Hi Matt

Thanks for this - however the Document read and Update actions are not available in Nintex 2013 Standard (which is the version I have).

Badge +3

What is the actual state of "Document Generation Action"  for Workflow On-Premises?

Badge +3

Hi ,

Nintex recently released their latest version with Document Generation action. You can check the release notes and download the installer. This action is available for both Standard and Enterprise customers.