How to improve the speed of a DocGen which has lots of images?

I currently have a docgen package which uses a lot of images to create the report. It takes a lot of time to be generated. I was wondering if there is a way we can use the thumbnail versions of images in Salesforce inorder to improve the speed of generating the docgen package?

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @reemitap, If you have you confirmed the images are what is adding all the time and not the data. Does it run a lot quicker if you remove the image tags? You could try smaller image files but may face an issue with the quality of the image in the output.

@leighburke Yes, It is the images which is affecting the speed of the document generation - as I have a similar document with no images and the document gets generated pretty quick. You mention that I could use smaller image files which would probably require another new upload of smaller sized images. Is there a way that Docgen can use the thumbnail version of the images to improve the speed of generating the documents. I have seen the field tagger for the thumbnail version of the "created by ID" (please refer image). Is it possible to get a thumbnail field tagger for the other images in the record?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@reemitap Not that I am aware but it may be possible, this would need to be done on Salesforce side. You could try asking the support team, but to effect the generation time the image would most likely need to be smaller before being passed to the document.