Creating Quote from Nintex then Adding pieces of Quote into Contract

• 22 October 2020
  • 3 replies

We are currently using Nintex for Salesforce to create our customer quotes using Salesforce Products.  Our next step is to house our contracts within Salesforce and use Nintex to populate fields which I can handle but I need to be able to take part of the quote that Nintex already generated and insert it into a page of the contract.  Is this possible?  If yes, how would I go about this?  

Notes:  The current quote is created in both PDF and Excel and the contract will be a word document.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@smorton Does the data in the quote still exist in a Salesforce, I would usually just recommend pulling it in at the time of contract creation. 

The quote has fields that contain formulas so not all the data exists in a field in Salesforce.

I am new to Nintex so bear with me.  If we reran the quote at contract time, can we insert it into a specific page within the contract?  So the contract would be in word but then insert this Excel Sheet (formatted like we are already doing) into that page?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

@smorton You could merge the excel into final output, or you could look at pulling in just the table of details you want into the word file using excel as middleware(https://help.nintex.com/en-US/docgen/docservices/#docgen-sfdc/Services/templates/ExcelMiddleware.htm?)