Solved

Allow user to select a record at runtime

• 25 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Good day, all.  We have a user case where the client would like the user to select a name from a picklist at runtime and have that name and address be used for generating the document.

The picklist values would come from a custom object related to our starting object.  The custom object has multiple roles and record types, so we would want to filter the list so only certain names appear in the list.

Is something like this possible with Nintex DocGen?  If so, could you point me to where I could learn more?

icon

Best answer by Brent_Doc 6 April 2022, 03:45

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

@natsu_docs  Could you please assist here? 

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @JimW , 

Based on your description, Drawloop DocGen does not have this direct ability. My recommendation would be to use Salesforce Flow to get the desired filtered related list and collection and pass that contact id or update a hidden field to use sepcific tags.

In salesforce flow, you can either use the nintex Docgen Screen Flow component or build a custom redirect action to redirect to our regular button Run page experience and generate the document. 

If you reach out to your Account Manager, they will be able to find the right resource to discuss all configuration questions if you still have them 🙂 

Thanks!

Thank you, @Brent_Doc. I appreciate the reply.