cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

updating item freeze workflow

We got workflow that got field update operation on first step and it freeze on this step. This workflow started by another workflow.

Due yesterday everything works fine. All permissions not be changed.

If I create workflow with only this operation and start it manually, this workflow works perfectly and not freeze.

what is the possible reason that the workflow worked fine until yesterday?

Labels: (1)
5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: updating item freeze workflow

additional: if I delete operation "field update" workflow works fine

0 Kudos
agus89
Nintex Newbie

Have you tried inserting a "Pause Action" at the beginning of the workflow that starts automatically?

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Of course, I try.

I try insert pause for 5min before update field, workflow works same (freeze on update field). Doesn't matter the user starts workflow or it starts by another workflow.

I try cancel second workflow and try start it manually, but workflow still freeze at same step.

0 Kudos
agus89
Nintex Newbie

OK.
Dis the second workflow was upgraded from a previous Nintex version?

Maybe creating a new workflow with the same steps solves the problem. I would first try exporting and importing the original workflow (the 2nd one of your approval route) and if that does not work, creating the workflow from zero and reinserting every single step to it Smiley Frustrated

0 Kudos
Not applicable

With official support we find the reason. If second workflow starts by site collection admin, it will be freeze. If second workflow starts by super admin, it will work. Super admin is the member of our domain. site collection admin have *@onmicrosoft.com username. Now we find out what else is different about these accounts.