cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

reminder after a specific date column

Jump to solution

While working on the Nintew workflow for SharePoint 2013, I'm looking to use a reminder to everyone after they have passed a date column (let's say Date to Visit) by 1 day. In addition to this in case they do not complete the update (on another list, where they intended to update a list) they get daily reminders till a week and then complete the workflow saying defaulted.

Can you please suggest on this?

Many  Thanks

Labels: (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
fhunth
Nintex Newbie

Re: reminder after a specific date column

Jump to solution

You can loop every day and send the reminder in case it was not completed. Also every day calculate the new loop using the action "Add time to date" setting a Variable(Date Type) and the action named "Paused for duration"

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks for your response Fernando. I should have mentioned that I'm very new to Nintex and do not have much idea bout this workflow. Hence if you can suggest in simple way that will be good. To better explain my detail, I've a list with "Name ", "Manager Name" and "Date of Joining" column. I would like to send  a notification to the Manager after one day of "Date of Joining" followed by a daily reminder to mark the task as complete till a week (ONLY on workdays).

Please suggest treating me a very beginner to Nintex.

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

Sushanta, these sounds like two separate reminds and can be setup as such.

First, to remind the manager to complete the task, in a Flexi task, you can setup reminders in the Task by clicking on the Reminders button in the configuration of that task. Set the number of reminders to 6 and in the days attribute set it to 1. This will send an email 6 times, once a day, also check business days only.

Then in the escalation tab, choose complete for escalation type, and in the days attribute set it to 7. So on the seventh day it will mark the task complete. Also choose business days only here.

For the reminder to the manager of the Date Of Joining, one day after this value, you will use a site workflow that is scheduled to run once a day. It will query this list for all Date of Joining values that are equal to Today minus one day. Have this value precalculated in a variable. The query should return the manager's email field and store the result into a collection variable. I would followup with a collection operation action here and remove duplicates just in case.

Use a for each loop on the manager collection variable and in the loop send an email to the current manager in the loop.

As you start to break this down and implement, post back what was confusing or anything you have trouble with and we will walk you through it.

0 Kudos
Not applicable

Jump to solution

Thanks Andrew. I'm now following the route you did suggest. Will keep you updated about the progress.

In addition to the original request. I also need to average out the feedback from a survey where people are rated. Can you also suggest on how can I achieve this?

Thanks again!

0 Kudos
Automation Master
Automation Master

Jump to solution

I'm not sure how your survey or list is setup, but you can add a calculation in the view. Not a new field, but to display a value for a group withing the list view. Counts and averages are supported for groups.

0 Kudos