"Related Item" link and Modern Libraries

• 21 February 2019
  • 2 replies

Hello

I have a workflow to review Word documents that are stored in a modern document library. In the review step I'm using the "Start a task process" action, with "Email with an Actionable Message."

The issue I'm seeing is that when a user selects the "Related Item" link from the email, the screen they arrive at does not have a clickable link to the item itself (image attached). So the user essentially hits a dead end. If I set the library to Classic Experience and run the test again, there is a link to the item.

I know that it's possible to build a link directly to the item and put that in the body of the email, but I would really like to stick with the simplicity of the Actionable Message, and to my knowledge this is not customizable. Am I missing something or is the "Related Item" link incompatible with Modern libraries?  

Thanks!

2 replies

Badge +9
Hey Drew,

It does look there is now a difference in what that link will display between modern & classic. I'll have a look to see if there is anything that can be done, this might be a little complex as the modern/classic decision can be down to an individual user.

Callum

Hey Callum

Were you able to look at this?