"Office 365 Create List Item or Document Set" Action Not working

• 24 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Currently have a workflow with one action to create a list item in a different site collection within the same tenant. The workflow is failing with: Unable to reach destination server.

Has anyone run into this problem or have suggestions for what may be causing this?

6 replies

Badge +9

I am not sure if you can use that action for creating item in another site collection.Following is the link Copying items in list/libraries

Badge +1

Just to clarify, the action does exist and is:  http://help.nintex.com/en-us/nintex2016/current/Workflow/ActionsConnectors/Office%20365%20Create%20List%20Item.htm

Badge +9

Actions is available but does it work for cross site collection?Everywhere I just read that Web Service is the option for cross site data create/copy

Badge +9

check this for similar issue How to copy list from one site collection to another site collection

Mark the answer as correct if it solves the issue

Badge +4

Yes, it does work for creating an item in a different site collection within a tenant. It's precisely what this action is meant to do, according to the documentation. 

Badge +4

I too sometimes suffer from this issue, but I'm not sure why it occurs. The site collection I'm attempting to create a list item on exists and is accessible via the browser.

What I have observed is that, when this error occurs, resuming the workflow will never resolve the issue. Furthermore, I've also observed that terminating the currently running workflow and starting a new instance will also not resolve the issue.

Here's the kicker. What I've noticed is that if I copy the list item that I'm attempting to execute the workflow against into a new list item, and then start the workflow on the newly created list item, this new workflow will typically complete without issue.