cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

"Check In Item" action in Nintex Workflow for O365

Hi,

I have a document library which has several required fields. Due to that setting, after document upload, the item is automatically checked out.

I want to start the workflow when all mandatory fields are filled and automatically checked in the item.

I have created a variable which read one of the mandatory field and then validate if the variable is empty or not. I only use 1 variable because if you edit the item properties, all mandatory fields must be filled otherwise you cannot save the item, so 1 field to check supposed to be enough.

The problem is, after I validate the variable, I drag the "Check In Item" action, now the workflow is stuck on started but the document item status is still checked out.

Does anyone have any idea or have had the experience like this?

The goal is to start the workflow when the item is checked in.

Kindly advise.

Thanks in advance,

-Willy Noviandy-

Labels: (1)
1 Reply
Highlighted
Automation Master
Automation Master

Re: "Check In Item" action in Nintex Workflow for O365

Maybe try to use the "Filter" action. You can for example first query the item's "Version" attribute to verify if the number after the "." is 0 (ex. 1.0, 2.0, etc..). Then simply add the "Filter" action and set the rule to "If 0 then go" - that will assure you, that if the file is not checked in, the workflow will not move on.

Alternatively you can check whether the value in "Checked out" is empty or not and again - use that as the rule for the "Filter" action

Anyway, I'm just pinging to find out whether you solved the issue with the help found in the Community or by yourself? If by yourself - can you share your solution?
Regards,
Tomasz
0 Kudos