Solved

open form in edit mode

• 15 October 2015
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I have a form that requires a field change to complete a workflow, and in the notification email that goes out used to be a link to the form in edit mode using the format:

[Site URL]/Lists/[List Name]/editform.aspx?id=[ID]

This looks like it works OK, but when you click on the link it opens a blank form. I've also tried typing out the URL with the only variable being the ID number, but this results in a Page Cannot Be Found error.  Am I missing something in the URL?

We are using Nintex Workflow 365 & Forms 365. Also, just a note, this is not to open a task form, just a regular form.

Any help would be greatly appreciated happy.png

icon

Best answer by kmcollins 15 October 2015, 03:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Nevermind...I figured out the problem ID needs to be capitalised.

Badge +6

To help you Nintex newbies like me looking at this post...

1. Open the list item in edit mode and copy the url.

2. Open the email notification action in the workflow.

3. Click the "Insert" tab, then click the "Link" button and paste the form URL into the "Address:" line. Right click on the form and click on properties, then copy and paste the URL into the address line.

4. Then you will delete anything after the aspx.?ID= sign

5. Click on the "Item Properties" tab and then insert the "ID" after the = sign.

Badge +3

@espradli 

How could you leverage this for the following:

I have a form with 2 sections and 1 submit button for each section. If I submit the first section and want to still redirect the user to the same exact form except in EditMode, how can I do that?