Solved

log outcome

• 13 January 2017
  • 7 replies

Badge +6

Hello Friends 

I have a two stage workflow. Stage 1 is parallel review by multiple team members and stage 2 is final approval by manager.

In review task process where multiple users review documents and provide appropriate outcome. ( Approved / Rejected / Not reviewed )

Is there a way to summarize all the outcomes in an email for manager to quickly glance all the stage 1 outcomes?

I have managed to log all the outcomes in history but in email it only captures 1st outcome.

I think I am missing something here. 

Please advise.

Regards,

Nehal

icon

Best answer by TomaszPoszytek 3 February 2017, 23:11

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

If you are able to log the outcomes in the History, why can't you concatenate them and assign to a variable, which then you can use in your e-mail's body?

Badge +6

Thanks for your inputs.

If I concatenate them It only captures 1st review outcome. Do you have any idea why?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Frankly speaking, from what you wrote not. Could you paste a screenshot?

By parallel you mean the approval setting or that you have two branches executed in parallel?

If the first option, then you can get all tasks, created for the action, by querying tasks list with a filter: "instance id" equal to "Workflow Context:Instance Id".

Save the outcome, comments to collection variables and then merge collections, or execute for each action to concatenate strings into a single text variable.

If the second option, then I'd like to see it, but I guess you can get tasks and data the same way as for the first option.

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +6

Thank you very much Tomasz... I will try this and update my findings!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You can also try to get the list of tasks generated for the current item using another filter. When you publish a workflow to a particular Tasks List, Nintex provisions its dedicated content type there that has a set of useful columns, such as "Workflow Item ID" - this is the column that keeps ID if an item for which workflow is run. So by making the comparison: "Workflow Item ID" is equal to "Current Item:ID" you should also get a complete list of tasks created for your approval item.

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

‌ do you find any from my answers as correct? If so, please mark one from them as the solution. On the other hand maybe you find out a better solution that you could share with us?

Regards,

Tomasz

Hi,

I'am using a variable which is matching a Workflow GUID with a task name to extract data from particular task. The problem is that in query list I cannot find in which item from task lists the Task Outcome is?

I want to extract if task is "Apporoved" or "Rejected".