Item Reference fields are all blank again-unresolved from first post

• 10 March 2015
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I have an Item Reference that's all blank again. Actually every Item Reference I've ever created has been all blank. I obviously have no idea how to tell it which instance (record in the SO) to pull and there's no information to be found online, no tutorials, nothing. "Just go through the wizard" is about all I can get.

I've tried everything I can think of at least twice. I'm setting Folio in the SmartForms Integration wizard. Previously, I've had to create a DataField and use it in a line rule and them it started working. Not only is that not working this time, but I don't need it of want it.

2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +8

Hi Mallory

I assume you are referring to the workflow item reference, not a Sharepoint item reference?

Can you elaborate on why you think it is blank? Is it because when you open a task form no data is displayed, or is there an error in your workflow?

The smartforms client event wizard should take care of all the config to use item references, however sometimes you will need to configure the form to ensure the item reference is being passed back correctly to the view's datasource.

Have a look at the following KB article and let me know if you need more help.

http://help.k2.com/KB001367#

Badge +3

I created a SmartObjecr Reference instead (didn't know that was a thing) and I guess I'll just use them from now on instead being that Item References never work. Thanks for the help!