Customizing an escalation

• 28 October 2009
  • 5 replies

Badge +11

Hi all

Can escalations be customised for the follwoing case:

an activity has three action approve , reject and save draft. the save draft returns to the same activity.

when saving to draft i want the escalation not to be reset and continue as it was before the save to draft.

IS That Possible?

5 replies

Badge +10

Is the "Save to Draft" action supposed to keep this work on the user's worklist when they've partially completed their form or work and not perform continueK2 events within that same activity?

If that's the case then maybe change the "Save to Draft" action type from "Finish" to "Update" in the Client Event Wizard actions page.  This will allow them to save the current data back into the process and not "Finish" their work which would typically complete the activity.  This means that the Client event will not complete when the "Save to Draft" action is performed.  The user can close the form and reopen the uncompleted worklist item at a later point in time and continue completing the form from where they left off.

Badge +11

Brilliant ... thanks for the answer

Will this affect the escalation time : assume that the time required to finish the task is 5 minutes else there will be an escalation. does clicking the save to draft reset the escalation or just continues to as if there were no action.

Badge +10

The "Update" type would not affect escalations at all.  The escalation would continue counting until the activity is completed or the escalation fires.

For other readers out there:

When working with escalations in K2 its important to remember that escalations are set at the Activity level when an Activity starts.  Therefore the escalation clock will keep ticking until that escalation time or date is met and the escalation rule fires or the activity completes. 

Another common related question is how do I reset an escalation on a current activity.  Unfortunately, the only way to reset an escalation to be a different time or date is to expire the current activity and restart it with the new escalation time or date.

Badge +11

Thanks alot... this was really helpful..my VM machine stoped working so i had to ask these questions

Badge +10

I'm happy that I could help.

Tim