cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

insert O365 user to people or group column using Nintex for O365

Hi,

I'm currently using Office 365 Update Item action to update properties of my document which is copied from another document library.

I have this column named "Recipient" in type of People or Group in Doc Lib A and Doc Lib B

I i want to copy the value of "Recipient" column from A to B.

I've tried a couple of ways to insert the column :

1. Create a string which contains "i:0#.f|membership|[useremail] but an error occured when the workflow runs.

2. Directly insert the value by using lookup to the current item, and also failed when i use

3. Using a variable which contain the value from the current item "Recipient" field

Those 3 attempts produce the same error :

" Some parameters failed the validation check.

- [InputMetaDataXml] : The 'Fields to update' is invalid. Input string was not in a correct format"

Does anyone has a solution for this?

Thanks in advance.

-Willy Noviandy-

Labels: (1)
8 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: insert O365 user to people or group column using Nintex for O365

Hi Willy,

Do you use the Copy Document action ?

Because it copies also the content of the column and the recipient should be copied also.

Best regards,

Christophe

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Christophe,

nope, i use Office 365 Upload File.

i cannot use Copy document because from what i read (and i already tried), the Copy document action cannot be used to copy documents accross site.

In my scenario, i have Doc Lib A in my site collection, and i create a workflow which will read the item properties and then automatically move the document to the designated repository (Doc Lib B) in my defined sub sites.

therefore, i need to update the item properties after i upload the file into the subsites.

is there any better solution or is there something i have to do?

kindly advise.

Thanks in advance.

-Willy Noviandy-

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Willy,

I have checked one of my workflow and the Set Workflow Variable action with lookup to another list and variable works as expected.

Is this a multi-value column?

Christophe

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Christophe,

yes, the "Recipient" column is a People or Group type of column and i set it to allow multiple values.

can you use the variable to insert the value to people or group type of column in a list?

i also try to use a variable and then update the item using the variable but no luck.

Thanks.

-Willy-

Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Hi Willy,

So please check this post and surely the end of it as it seems that there is/was a bug in O365.

And do not hesitate to contact the support to see if it is still a bug or if there is a workaround.

Regards,

Christophe

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

Hi Christophe,

after discussing with nintex's support, i made it work now.

looks like the "Office 365 Update Item" action had some missed configuration, i insert the value for update from a variable but obviously the variable needs to be formatted as User ID for the lookup value.

i try that on a person or group column with allow multiple values option selected.

this seems to be the answer.

Thanks to Mr. Alex Milton from Nintex Service Engineer if you're reading this.

Best Regards,

-willy noviandy-

Accept as Solution Reply
Not applicable

seems like there was an issue for the solution.

it was true that we have to use "ID" instead of login name or other properties when updating a people or group column.

just found out that when the workflow updates the column with multiple values, the workflow will go suspended.

i don't know why, inserting a single value will work flawlessly, but inserting multiple values will make the workflow suspended.

i'm re-opening this case again, kindly advise if there's anybody who knows about the solution or workaround..

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply
Workflow Hero

Has the issue with updating the field with multiple values  been resolved? I'm trying to create a list item from other list item. The column in both lists setup as People/Groups with multiple values allowed. The workflow get suspended on multiple values but works if the column only contains a single user. Have you found a solution? Willy said they have created a ticket with Nintex for that issue.

0 Kudos
Accept as Solution Reply