Error in request approval action. The user to assign the task to has resolved as blank text, How can i avoid the issue?

• 24 August 2016
  • 6 replies

Badge +6

Error in request approval action. The user to assign the task to has resolved as blank text. I have a Library and I need get my documents approved, but the email never get sent. I create a column approver and I expect call the approver column from my Nintex workflow in the action request approval BUT the email notification IS NOT SENT Capture125.PNG

6 replies

Badge +11

Hi walter fuentes,

This error happens if workflow is not able to resolve the Approver name or the Approver is blank.

From your screen shots it doesn't seem to be the case but are you able to resolve the email address for Approver account? In the library, change the people picker column to show the email address instead of Name and you can verify. You can also add Log To history list, Approver field just before the approval action to make sure that it is not empty.

Badge +6

Thank you Kapil,

Is pretty weird, If I put my name or another user name the notification is sent, but what I need is pick up different approves depending of my upload.

190273_pastedImage_0.png

Badge +11

Hi walter fuentes,

Are you starting the workflow manually or automatically when the item is created?

If you are starting on item creation, then the workflow will start as soon as the document is uploaded to the library. It will not wait for you to put in the approver name or other properties in the dialogue that pops up after uploading the document.

You may have to add a wait after the workflow begins so that all the properties are in before the workflow goes on creating the task. See if that helps.

Badge +6

Hello Kapil,

Once again thank you for your feedbacks.

Yes, I set up the workflow to start automatically when the file is uploaded, I would like upload the file and then send the notification to the approver. Now is there anyway to do it automatically or if is possible create a friendly way to start the workflow manually by putting "start process" close to the item without going to another page and see the workflow?

Badge +11

Hi Walter,

You can still follow the same method of starting the workflow. As I mentioned, add Pause action as the first action in your workflow. Pause for 5 mins. This will give you enough time to add the approvers and you may not receive the error.

Badge +6

wowowowo happy.png

Thank you Kapil, that is what I needed, you made my day, I have been looking to fix the issue and now I have the solution.

Thank you