how to move or copy/delete items in a workflow from a list to a library? (or list if not supported)

• 6 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +6

I have a large travel request system that I would like to move items after they have peen paid to a library because libraries can handle the 5000 threshold limit better.  This way I don't have to babysit the system too much and can determine the location based on the fields and do it in a very methodical way so the user expects their requests to be in a certain place.

Is there an activity or set of activities that let me move items (just a form and attachments) to another place, specifically list to library if possible?  I was thinking maybe do a Create List Item then a Delete Item?

(I would have a query and an if exists check in there as well just to make sure I don't delete forever anything.)

1 reply

Badge +6
Also to note, as I am playing with my first option (create list item from all the fields..) I realize I have several documents attached to these requests that I will need to bring over but it appears that Libraries don't support attachments.. Any workarounds?

I'm trying to even do a list but having difficulties moving the item and all attachments over, I wish I could have an activity that grabs the item as a whole package. How do I go about even doing this in a list?