IE11/Edge Nintex Forms Attachment control hits the 128 character limit

• 10 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a NF Responsive form (v2.11.4.30) with the standard attachment control. When users try to attach a file that has a full path (drive, folder, & filename) that is long, they get a pop-up error, that their filename exceeds 128 characters. This only happens in IE11 (all modes) and Microsoft Edge. It doesn't occur in Chrome.  Our users typically attach files from network shares that have long paths.

I can't force users to switch browsers, and I would have a hard time convincing users to copy their file locally, then attach that copy. 

Has anyone run into this issue before?

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +22
This issue started to occur from Nintex forms 2.11.4.30.
Looking at the release notes this issue may have been fixed in Nintex Forms 2.11.5.20.
Release Notes : https://community.nintex.com/t5/Release-Notes/Nintex-Forms-2013-Release-Notes/ta-p/87902
"•Fixed an issue where a list form attachment with long names and no spaces may not wrap (00215709)"

The issue is only happening in Internet Explorer where the setting "Include local directory path when uploading files to a server" is enabled. This setting needs to be disabled.

To disable it follow the next instructions:

- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to Internet Options
- Navigate to the Security tab
- Review both "Internet" and "Intranet" Zones and click on Custom Level
- In the Security Settings scroll down until you see “Include local directory path when uploading files to a server” and disable it.
Badge

Hi

This forum post has been a while since. Unfortunately the bug still exists in the current version: NW 3.5.1.0 and NF 2.11.7.10

We searched for the solution for a long time. We suspected the bug in Windows updates. And by chance we came across the solution.

The complete and illustrated workaround is available here (Select the language in the upper left corner).

Best regards