cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Workflow Hero

how to autopopulate a people picker using lookup field?

Jump to solution

I have a lookup field in the nintex form which is pulling from SP list. I want to autopopulate the people picker column associated with each lookup field from the list.

SP List:

Title                        HRname  (Data type is people picker)

ORG1                    Person 1

ORG2                    Person 2

ORG 3                   Person 3

ORG 4                   Person 4

So in my nintex form ORG is list lookup and based on the selection of ORG HRname should be auto populated.

Thanks

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Workflow Hero

Re: how to autopopulate a people picker using lookup field?

Jump to solution

Hi there -

If you don't need for this to work on Mobile, then you can use lookup(), and then use a workflow to put that data into your column.  In a List Lookup, you can't do a defaulted "one item" response (as in, even if you only returned 1 item, your user would still need to click into the dropdown.)

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi 

I have done this in my last project with a different organization. So, it is possible to populate a single item of people picker. I completely lost with the run time function what i have used. 

Here in O365 the structure is lookup("list title", "column to filter on", value to filter on, "output column") which is different from SP 2013 nintex.

Would you be able to write up for me incase i missed something here.

0 Kudos
Workflow Hero

Jump to solution

Hi Rhia,

Finally i found solution to this. 

Used lookup runtime function.

Solution: 

1) Organizations is the lookup list name

Title     HR

ORG1      HR1

ORG2      HR2

ORG3      HR3

In my nintex form i have organization field which is list lookup field. HR should be auto populated in the other field as shown below.

This formula is used in the calculated value lookup("Organizations", "ID", Organizations, "HR").  

But output should be replaced with another calculated field. since it shows with the string values.

Use replace(HRName, "[0-9]*;#","")   here HRName is the name of the lookup calculated field. 

Hide the other calculated field. 

I answered this as someone might find it useful.