I've built a Nintex WF that's very simple and has three emails. At first it worked fine, all emails were firing and working as expected, then they stopped. I tried everything and finally decided to build another WF just in case something was corrupted in the first one. Again, the new workflow worked great for about two hours, then the emails stopped, some came in more than an hour later and then they stopped coming at all. I've read where some users think it's O365 not working correctly. I think this started happening when the last "soft" update was pushed out about a month ago. Anyway, what can I do? We just purchased the Nintex (WF and Forms) about a year ago and we're up for renewal in April. If I can't get these WFs running smoothly on a consistent basis, we'll have to look elsewhere for another solution. I really like Nintex and would hate to have to give it up!
Sorry to hear that it's not working reliably for you, I'd like to take a look at these instances that are not working if possible to determine what is going wrong here.
Are you able to let me know:
I'd also suggest raising a support case with the Support team who will be able to assist in tracking down the reason the emails are not being delivered. Ideally if you are able to get above answers and the Workflow History URLs of some of the instances that have failed to deliver emails for them, I can work with Support to get to the bottom of this.
I'm only using the internal email (Outlook O365) option. I ran the same WF three different times and didn't change anything. First time all emails came in as expected. Second time, 1st email came in and the other two came in about 20 minutes later. On the third try, the 1st email came in and the other two never did. I just tried again with IE and Chrome with the same results. I have put in a support ticket, hopefully it'll get resolved soon. Thanks!
Are you manually terminating them? What error is it giving?
Try putting a 1 minute pause in between each email notification. Send email is the only actions you are using in the workflow? Can you take a screenshot of the workflow?
I tired that but it still didn't work. I have tried disabling the "log to" and "WF status" actions and that didn't work. . Now it's back to the original workflow (partial WF shown below). So this is only part of it, but it's really simple. There's only three emails in the entire workflow. As of this morning, I had one WF that ran without any issues, but the WFs I started after that only fired the 1st email, the other two didn't fire the emails.
We have O365 2016, but looks like we still have 2013 SharePoint online.
Yes, that first email fires correctly. The others are linked to submit buttons along the way. Just a few minutes ago, I got the WF to run as expected and all emails came thru without a hitch. I tried to run another one about 15 minutes later and only got the first email.
The 'Send Email' action, when configured to use the Internal option, sends mail directly from SharePoint to your own mail server, I believe it will bypass spam checks etc. as it is all internal it will be marked as internal mail by Microsoft. It's unusual that the emails are not making it through.
Since the action is completing (it is not giving you an error when running the workflow), I wonder if the mail is being sent but not received. It may be worth speaking to your IT team to see if they can see the mail server logs for these emails, it might help if we know whether they are making it as far as your mail server or not.