Solved

edit task form

• 19 June 2017
  • 6 replies

Badge +5

Hi,

I want to achieve the following:

When assigning a task to manager for Approval, the Manager has to fill in certain fields in the form before approving it.

I came as far as this:

- Manager gets the email.

- Clicks on the link, and forms opens up

- But now the problem is: It will not allow me to fill in list fields.

I have set in the - Start a Task Process - the "Open task form in the selected mode" in Edit Mode. But still no luck

Not sure if I am looking in the right direction...

Any suggestions please?

Adam

icon

Best answer by courtney_shelto 19 June 2017, 15:21

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi!

If I understood you correctly you would like to add additional fields (columns) you have in your "Tasks list" to the "Task edit form"? Because Nintex creates its own Content Type which does not contain your custom added columns, so to make them appear on the form, once you are in your list's Settings, click on the Content Type name associated with tasks created by Nintex in your workflow and then click "Add from existing columns" to bind your custom columns with this content type, on your list.

If I missed the point however, or what I wrote is unclear, please post back 

Regards,

Tomasz

Badge +5

Hi,

Sorry I was not clear.

I don't want add additional fields. The fields already exist.

I just want if the Manager receives an Approval email, he has to fill in certain fields in the form before clicking on Approve.

Thanks

Badge +5

I can see the fields in the form but cannot they are somehow in a view mode orso

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Adam, I am not sure I understood you.

1. You have those fields visible on the edit form
  2. You want approver to fill them before clicking "Approve"

True? Then you should mark theses fields as "required" to achieve that.

Do you use ootb SharePoint form or Nintex Forms for that purpose?

Regarding the "Display Form" - you do not see those fields? Is that form anyhow customized?

Regards,

Tomasz

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hey Adam,

You want to be able to edit List columns/fields on your Task form, is that correct? By default, the list fields on your task form are disabled. However, if you open the control properties, there is an option for Enabled and you can pick Yes/No. Switch the ones you want editable to Yes. Does this resolve your question or did I misunderstand you?

Badge +5

Hi Courtney,

I have done enable to Yes under Appearance on some fields but it still didn't work. I was really expecting to work as it was set to "Enable" like you suggested.

I had a workaround:

I have removed the fields and just added again from my list columns. And now I was able to edit the fields.

I think I am sorted.

Thanks for you help putting me in the right direction.

Much appreciated,

Adam