Solved

deleted email hyperlink {task:title}. FOR THE LOVE OF... how do I get it back

• 22 November 2017
  • 4 replies
  • 1 view

Badge +6

I'm embarrased to say how many hours I have now spent trying to fix this.

In my efforts to make things look pretty, I deleted the {task:title} hyperlink in the assign a task action.  I then went to recreate it with something a little better but there seems to be absolutely no way to recreate this link.

One would think that you could just select task title in the advanced lookup <<BUZZ>> try again

Selecting the URL from advanced lookup is correct but I have yet to find the secret sauce to make it linkable.

Oh how I miss on prem...

Anyone else run into this issue and have a solution?  I'm running a new test now, I'll see if it works.  So slow to save and test the workflow over and over..

icon

Best answer by callum 22 November 2017, 05:58

View original

4 replies

Badge +9

Hi Robert,

Are you adding the URL to the body of the email using the Insert Hyperlink option in the text editor?

That should allow you to set both a URL & display text for the link.

Thanks,

Callum 

Badge +6

Hi Callum,

I saw that as well, when I tried to populate the link form, as you show, with the URL and Title from the lookups, the link item would not accept me adding those lookups into the URL and Hyperlink text fields. 

You have no issue doing that?

Badge +9

Hi Robert,

I was able to insert the token fine, did you get an error message on attempting to insert?

Thanks,

Badge +6

I now see my error.  It was my process for inserting the URL and Title.  I was adding the link to the page then trying to add the link url and title from the advanced lookup.  What I should have been doing was adding the link url and title from the insert reference panel on the right side of the page.

so easy and right in front of my nose

Thanks for your help