Expiring a IPC event when parent activity escalates

Badge +10

Hi all,

Is it possible to expire a IPC event when the parent process escalates. Say, I have an Activity A with escalation rule that uses the "Go To Activity Action" to call it self when no one has actioned it after 1 day. Actiity A contains a IPC event which calls  Process B. Is it possible then that when Activity A escalates and calls itself to expire Process B previsouly called.

Thanks in advance.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi

Please see the following document explaining the functionallity of the IPC event and others.

Process and event wizards in k2 studio and k2 for visual studio

From my own opinion I think that this is plausible, I however did not test this so i am speaking under correction. As i understand you can create something like in your workflow itself to get this outcome. 

Kind Regards

Raymond

Badge +10

Hi Raymond, 

I decided to scrap that method. Instead I just got a list of active participants that the database stores and send them the email. My question now is, is it possible to use UserFQDN as a destination in the 'TO' fields of an email event. I have tried this and it failed unless I gave it the email address. Is there a workaround for this when using the "send email" action of a esclation action.

Thanks