currency formatting in Repeated section

I have one currency type field in repeating section. I need to format that field and show in this format "$123,456.00". I tried w using with 'single line of text' field and number type field to change the format but its not formatting in repeating section. can any one help to achieve this?

201068_pastedImage_1.png

Thank You!

12 replies

Badge +8

Hi Aparna Gajula‌,

Have look at these answered post, it might help:

Is there anyway of formatting numbers as currency on Nintex 365 forms yet?

How to format a field to currency with $, thousand separator, and number of decimals?

Chaitra,

Thanks for your response!

I had tried all the options(you have mentioned above) but nothing is working for me

Currency field outside of the repeating section working fine but not inside of repeating section.

I think its a limitation for currency field in repeating section??

Thank You!

Badge +8

Can you share some screenshots of the Currency field inside repeating section and the working Currency field outside the repeating section, along with their field settings? To investigate further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

You have to use custom JavaScript if you'd want the field to format currency while in Edit Mode.   On View Mode you should be able to render it as Currency out of the box.

Chaitra,

Here you go.. both are same currency columns. one is inside of repeating section and one is outside.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Your first image depicts the text in Edit mode.  It appears you are attempting to have this rendered as currency in view mode.  These are very different things, so can you confirm?

Badge +3

Hello,

I have the same problem. I can get a field formatted to currency format if it is bound to a currency column in the list. But fields inside repated sections can not be bound to a listfield.

Here I can select in the settings of a single line textfield a datatype "currency". But this will not format the field correctly. Not in edit mode and not in display mode. May be that I can use a field of single line text and datatype "string" and format that using javascript. But this will lead me into difficulties if want to calculate a sum in a formula field below the repeated section.

Overall, it is very disappointing that such simple things in Nintex forms are so difficult.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

best regards

Martin

Badge +3

Hello,

I solved that problem using a javascript which was called through the "on blur" event.

best regard

Martin

Badge +6

Hi Mike,

What is the javascript code needed to show currency fields as currency while in Edit Mode?

Thank you!

Badge +4

Hi,

if it is for display mode, you can just use a calculated value and display it only in display mode and the edit control in edit or new mode

No code

Badge +6

Is there anyway to set a Regular Expression on the Control Setting for the field to show the $ sign?

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi all,

Our UX team are doing some research into the currency field and looking for input from our customers and partners.

If you would like to provide feedback, please fill out the survey at Currency control settings in Nintex Forms.

Thanks,

Euan